Saturday 2 November 2013

Invasion of the Body Snatchers - Lisa's Review.


So we're departed from Shocktober and back to Time Outs Top 100 Horrors this week (phew!).

Before I was awash with relief and excitement, I should have watched this weeks movie.  That would have soon put me back in my box!  Dare I say it, I would rather watched Troll 2 again than sit through the sedative that is 'Invasion of the body snatchers (1978)'.

The impressive cast of this movie (including a young Jeff Goldblum - schwing!) could fool you into thinking that you are in for a treat, but sadly (in my case) that wasn't the case.

The movie is a remake of the 1956 adaptation of the book.  I haven't seen the original either, but have been informed by my other half that it is much superior.

A health inspector and his colleague work together to convince the authorities and others (with great difficulty) that individuals are being replaced by alien versions of themselves, devoid of any emotion.  This take over spreads rapidly throughout the city and it seems it won't be long until this lifeform from a dying planet won't be long in making earth their new residence)



I just found it very hard to stay interested.  I found the entire thing very dull, uninteresting and boring.  There wasn't even anything like bad acting or even a bad script to laugh at.  I couldn't even chuckle at the effects, as they were ok too.  I just couldn't get onboard with the movie at all.

I made myself sit up and pay attention several times, yet over and over felt my attention waning.  I don't know if this is any reflection on me or the movie.  However, Darren was far from impressed also, so you have the viewpoints of 2 people there.

This Top 100 isn't turning out to be so impressive as yet!  Please bring on something decent soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind: