Sunday 2 August 2015

Dawn of the Dead - Will's Review

Many people will tell you that this is the best of Romero's original dead trilogy... For my money it's a distant 3rd.

While Night's black and white negated much need for zombie makeup, and Day would later give us some great looking zombies, Dawn gives up light-blue people, who wouldn't look out of place in one of the handful of bad zombie movies we watched while reviewing the Video Nasties list.

I'm told that the movie's mall setting is a brilliant commentary on American consumerism... To me it just seems like a fairly sensible place to sit out the apocalypse.

It's the third time I've watched this movie, and I was really hoping to see some of what other people see in it this time around.. I didn't. As per my precious viewings I found my attention wandering.

It has some nice gore, but beyond that... Meh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind: