Sunday 27 April 2014

Wolf Creek - Lisa's Review


I have watched this movie several times.  The first time, I liked the look of it from trailers I had seen.  The second time, I'd forgotten I'd already seen it and liked the write-up on what it was about.  The third time it was on TV and just ended up on in the background.  The fourth time was as a refresher for this blog.  So you could say I am pretty well versed on this movie.  No doubt in six months time I'll have forgotten all about it again.

Our plot very quickly, is that of 3 young people, Liz, Kristy and Ben who are backpacking.  They find themselves in a massive crater (caused by a meteorite).  Their car suddenly won't start and they are offered some help from a kindly local gentleman.  Now I don't think it's giving anything away to say, this kind man is not as he seems.  He is in fact a murderous psychopath.  The movie follows the trios attempts to stay alive.


So, what did I think?  Hmmmm..  Watching the trailers, it looks excellent.  The reality though is very disappointing.  If you take out about an hour of the movie it would be a much better movie... that says it all really.  Boring scenes are dragged out.  The viewer is treated as if they're an ignoramous.  The two women in the movie are sadly, as with a lot of horror movies, spectacularly stupid and you're pretty well aware of their fate very early on.

The positives?  The special effects are pretty cool.  Torture scenes definately make you cringe.  If you watch the trailers and you like this kind of movie, no doubt you'll be impressed, but when you watch the movie, you realise that it's more of the same that's been rehashed over and over again.

I won't recommend or suggest you avoid it as it's neither wonderful or the worst thing I've ever seen.  I'm hoping I don't forget all about it again and find myself watching it again in six months!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind: